TOMRA Sorting Solutions is a multi-national organization and a leading provider of sensor based sorting and processing technology for the fresh and processed food industries. Developing state-of-the-art technologies, optimizing customers' production flow, and helping to deliver consistent high quality output have been our strengths for more than 30 years in the food industry. Our US Food division is based in Sacramento, CA. and we are always seeking talented and passionate individuals to join our organization.
At TOMRA, we want people to innovate, exhibit passion in their work and be responsible. We encourage the freedom to innovate and take risks that result in breakthroughs that challenge the status quo. We thrive off passion that always focuses and commits to meeting success. We demand a responsible and safe mindset that takes care of our customers, products and fellow employees.
Who Should Apply:
Are you a motivated individual who enjoys solving complex issues? Do you love being a part of a dedicated team? Do you enjoy working with the latest state-of-the-art technology? Then keep reading.
The Project Management Team is currently seeking a Project Manager who will help us continue our sky-rocketing growth. This role is ideal for technical project management professionals who want to help change the world.
As the Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing multiple technical projects from initiation through closing to meet the 3 project constraints, lead cross functional teams to meet project goals and achieve customer's satisfaction.
- The main contact between sales and the utilization of TOMRA resources.
- Capture the client’s specification of new orders and upgrades and develop a project plan for production, logistics, and installation.
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure that the client's needs are being captured.
- Support the regional sales team with technical support and layouts. Pull together cross-functional expertise to make machines that meet project objectives (on time, meet performance expectations, and budget).
- Provide production plans to Field Service Engineers to ensure a successful installation of each machine.
- Work with regional Sales and Applications Support (SASE) Engineers, and global project engineering teams to help build the best practices, designs, and transfer knowledge internally.
- As manufacturing capabilities increase to meet market demands, the PM needs to have the strategy, leadership, and accountability from pre-sales to installation. Only when the client is 100% satisfied with their purchase does the project come to completion.
- Assist and support customers in a professional manner.
- Note: Essential functions may not be limited to the tasks and responsibilities listed within this section.
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering or project management or business
- 5+ years; experience in leading or directing projects
- 5+ years; experience managing budget, scope, and time
- Knowledge of project management and familiarity capturing customer specifications, then transferring them to production teams
- Knowledge of project management, field service and customer support
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with customers in the English language are necessary.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to work on problems of diverse scope.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, internal and external associates, and management.
- Independent and self-motivated
- Person who takes initiative and work is accurate
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & oral) to interact with different stakeholders
- May require travel (up to 25%).
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Spanish and other languages are a plus
- PMP Certification
- Ability to work from time to time in the following customer environments:
- - Ability to work in harsh environments
- - Ability to work in extreme temperatures
- - Ability to work in dusty, gritty, dirty and wet environments
- Abilitiy to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend and kneel frequently
- Ability to Squat and/or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to drive for long distances
- Ability to work in small and/or confined spaces
- Ability to distinguish between the full range of colors in the color spectrum
- No major food allergies that would impede on the job requirements
How to Apply:
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.