In order to maintain our ever-increasing IP portfolio TOMRA is looking for an individual to strengthen the intellectual property team. The IP Engineer/IP Portfolio Manager position will help stimulate the identification and the protection of IP by means of patents, designs and utility models; analyzes the state of the art and also carry out other preventive search and analyses with respect to infringement on the company’s IP.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- As IP Portfolio Manager it is your responsibility to pro-actively develop, own and maintain the TOMRA IP within the existing IP strategies and guidelines.
- You will be the key IP contact for Tomra Sorting R&D Group functioning at the various R&D sites located in Germany, Belgium, Ireland and to a lesser extent, China, New Zealand and Tomra Collection in Norway.
- In general, you will work internally with R&D/Engineering and Product Management teams to capture innovation ideas, review their potential value and coordinate suitable protection. You will also perform patent searching and patent landscape analysis and monitoring of Tomra’s competitor activities.
- You will be responsible for assisting the R&D groups with the prosecution of the IP applications. You will act as a liaison with the external IP advisors, assisting the drafting and filing of IP applications.
- You will manage the IP management software database, including inputting data, creating reports and developing new processes and functions.
- Additionally, you will maintain an innovation ideas database and coordinate the management approval process.
- You will be responsible for preparing cases for the IP Board meetings and documenting decisions and actions.
- In this challenging and interesting position, you will report to the group Head of IP.
- You should have a scientific or technical degree in Physics, Computer Science or Electronics Engineering. You should have several years of professional high-tech experience with managing intellectual property in an industrial environment. You should have experience in IP and R&D environments, innovation idea capture, new idea valuation and protection IP management software and patent search software. Ideally but not essential, you will be legally qualified as a national and/or European patent attorney. Equivalent education, experience and/or training may be a substitute for the degree requirement.
- Due to your truly international mindset you are fluent in German and English. Knowledge of other languages would be seen as a plus. In addition, you have strong communications skills, written and orally.
- You have distinct analytical skills and a strong business acumen, act pro-actively and are highly driven to contribute to TOMRA’s success story. You are decisive, hands on, well-organized, and team oriented.
- You interface cross-functionally at all levels internally and with outside parties. You foster trust and achieve results through influence versus direct control.
- Additionally, you are open for regular travelling and you are the kind of person who likes to work independently.
- This position is vacant for a self-driven, pro-active and accountable personality and is characterized by a high grade of responsibility as well as broad scope of freedom and independence.
- The continuous growth of the company gives you the opportunity to create and implement new ideas and solutions and to shape future business as well as participate and substantially contribute to TOMRA’s remarkable success story.
- The dynamically growing company is acting in a future based market and plays internationally a leading role with excellent reputation.
- The innovative and modern company offers a positive and an open-minded working atmosphere in a truly international concern.
Are you interested?
Send us your complete application: Motivation letter (indicating you desired salary and notice period), CV, certificates from education/trainings/work.
Send to our Human Resources Department to Carolin Bastian: Jobs.DE@tomrasorting.com
We are looking forward to your application!